We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas mass

Hameenkuja 2 b 30
Level Contributor
28 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas mass

Hi,

Do you need a pass/ticket to attend the Christmas mass in Vatican and where do you get one?

Do metro trains run at Christmas Eve and how late?

Can you eat a Christmas dinner in a restaurant,are many of the restaurants open at Christmas Eve?

What is an Italian Christmas menu like.

Many questions and I know that all you lovely people

out there will answer me.Thank you.

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas mass

Stettola... where are you ? This is one for you to answer !!!

Hudson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas mass

We just got back on 1/1/09.

You need a ticket (they're free) to attend Christmas Eve mass. We got ours by writing a letter requesting them from the bishop. He got them for us, and we picked them up in Rome.

The Metro runs until 11 pm. Christmas eve the restaurants were open, but closed around 8 instead of the usual 10. After mass there were a few places open around the Vatican, but I don't know about in Rome. We stayed at the Alimandi, which is walking distance from the church, as transportation is difficult immediately following mass. The metro didn't run on Christmas day.

The Italian Christmas menu was the same menu as every other day as far as I could tell. Many places are closed Dec 25 AND Dec 26. We ate at the Hard Rock on Christmas afternoon since it was one of the few places open.

3. Re: Christmas mass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 20:18