We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Midnight Mass at St. Peter's

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
183 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
Midnight Mass at St. Peter's

I received the following communication regarding our tickets for Midnight Mass at San Pietro:

"Today the Prefecture of the Papal Household sent us a fax with the code N° of your tickets........Due to the limited space in the Basilica you might have to follow the Mass outside, in the Square, through large screens. They suggest to be in St. Peter Square no later than 7:00 pm.

The tickets can be retrieved at the Bronze Door from Dec 23 (9:00 am to 1:00 pm and from 3:00 pm to 7:30 pm) and on Dec. 24th from 9:00 to 1:00 pm, and from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm. "

We are practicing Catholics and this experience is a dream come true. Our concern is that one of our family members has been ill with Epstein Barr and suffers from fatigue.

Is it unlikely that mere mortals can make it into the Basilica for the Mass? Are the crowds huge? Any experiences or suggestions are welcome. I have attended a Wednesday audience in the square and we were seated, but I do not know what to expect.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Midnight Mass at St. Peter's

I'm sorry, I know this isn't the answer to your question...but how did you request tickets? I faxed my information to the fax number supplied on the vatican's website but have heard nothing.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
183 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Midnight Mass at St. Peter's

I did the same in October.

3. Re: Midnight Mass at St. Peter's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2010, 06:19