We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting at Easter with children

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting at Easter with children

Just booked flights to Ancona for a week at Easter. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. The children (6&8) are used to sightseeing holidays (we spent new year traveling in the Atlas mountains & Marrakech and last year spent 4 days around Bergamo) but we do try to find things that will interest them. We'll be hiring a car for the duration.

We're thinking of a few days in the hills & then a few days by the coast (return flight is quite early hence doing it that way round) so woudl appreciate suggestions of towns to visit, hotels to stay in, restaurants etc. Also an indication of the weather (so we can pack appropriately)

Thanks

Chris

le marche, italy
Level Contributor
17 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting at Easter with children

Chris - urbino is not to miss as is all the montefeltro area incl. san Leo, gradara. Coastal town of fano is good for families; Furlo Gorge and river - Gubbio is about 35mins from there; Mondavio is a samll fortified town with museum interesting for kids. There's lots and lots to see and do.. food and wine are good and peope are fantastic.

italy
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting at Easter with children

look here

acasadecampo.com

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting at Easter with children

For coastal towns - not sure how warm it would be but the Conero riveria is great - there are loads of walks, as well as the Frascati Caves..

Sirolo is the main town there - but as it is off season some restaurants/hotels may be closed...

As an alternative coast town perhaps try Fano just North of Ancona.

Urbino is a must...... Other towns you might consider is Macerata and Ascoli Piceno (that where I have a place so I will be completely byist).

Places to stay - for Ascoli I always recommed Palazzo Guiderochi, but we have had friends stay at Borgo Storico Seghetti Panichi and enjoyed it there.

Around Ascoli you have the Sibilini National park if you fancy a some trekking, that time of year the snow would have thawed so plenty of waterfalls!!

I would also recommend Sunflower Guides Landscapes of Umbria and Le Marche which has a few driving interniares as well as a number of suggested walks.

In terms of weather - these days you never know what you're going to get. I would suggest that it would probably be about mid-teens if you're low but dress up warm if you're going to some of the hill top towns - not many people know but there are also ski resorts in Le Marche which stay open til March...

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting at Easter with children

Thaks for all these suggestions - I will get the map out & take a look. We will certianly be taking some warm clothes now!

Chris

Urbino
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting at Easter with children

have a look to this

www.le-marche.com/Marche/html/routes.htm#

Here ( http://www.le-marche.com/Marche/html/stay.htm#) you can find a lot of accomodation too.

Do not miss "Agriturismi" that can offer very comfortable living spaces at reasonable prices.

6. Re: Visiting at Easter with children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 07:18