We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches/salt water pool

boston
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
beaches/salt water pool

I am happily planning my trip for next May and have been cruising the net and browsing lots of tour guidebooks. SOMEWHERE in the past several weeks I ran across a mention of a hotel along the Marche coast that had a SALT WATER pool. Can anyone help? I would like it to be north of Ancona, but I just may need to make the drive to where-ever! Haven't seen one for DECADES

(that was in Asbury Park, NJ.) If the salt water pool doesn't materialize, I would like a hotel right on a sandy beach. Will probably visit the beach area the last week of May. Will it be mobbed?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,709 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches/salt water pool

May is a great time for visiting beaches in Le Marche. They are usually not crowded at all at that time of year, especially during the week.

I did a search for salt-water pools in Le Marche, and found only this one:

http://www.terrazzamarconi.it/

I know the hotel, which is a rather luxurious spa hotel: The salt water pool is in the spa, so you could visit the pool without staying in the hotel. I've never seen the rooms, but the prices are well above the average for Senigallia.

Senigallia has one of the best sandy beaches in Le Marche. I live not too far from there. I have some photos of Senigallia on my web album:

picasaweb.google.com/bellemarche/Senigallia

Some of the photos were shot in May; I've tried to put the correct dates in the titles. Sometimes the dates at right are not correct. My daughter often comes to visit me for the whole month of May. I have to say that both in 2008 and 2010, May was quite rainy and chilly, and sometimes windy as well. 2007 was very nice, and I don't know about 2009.

2. Re: beaches/salt water pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2011, 06:30