We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great place to stay in Le Marche?

california
Level Contributor
48 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Great place to stay in Le Marche?

I am looking for a very nice place to stay with a small group of family and friends to celebrate a special birthday. We prefer a small hotel or B&B in the countryside with a pool, interesting walks, views and good food.

Can anyone suggest a place near Ascoli Piceno or another interesting town or village in Le Marche?

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great place to stay in Le Marche?

We're not going until April, but we'll be staying at La Tavola Marche. I found them while googling for area festivals -- looks like such a great region. I'm not sure how big your group is, but they have several apartments of various sizes.

Enjoy your trip!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,409 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great place to stay in Le Marche?

La Tavola Marche is nowhere near Ascoli Piceno. It also seems to me to be geared to people who want a cooking and gastronomic vacation, maybe not what Juanita had in mind.

I'm afraid I can't help much with that area myself, at least for places to stay, because we live near enough to Ascoli Piceno to go there for the day.

We have a summer house in the province of Macerata, near the medieval hill town of Camerino. This is a bit north of Ascoli Piceno, but I know two places to stay there.

One is La Castagna, in the town of Fiuminata. They have an excellent restaurant, rooms for guests, and a pool.

www.agriturismolacastagna.com/index.php…

(The English translation is really bad; I should offer my services to them next year.) I can vouch for the restaurant, as we eat there at least once every summer. The road into this agriturismo facility isn't paved, and is sometimes a bit rough. The location is in the upper valley of the Potenza river, and there are nice walks in the area, as well as horseback riding and hang gliding. Here are some photos of the area:

https:/…

Another place to stay in the area is Borgo Lanciano, near Lanciano castle. This is a much more elegant place, often used for weddings. I've never eaten there, so I can't speak from personal experience. I have a few pictures of the actual castle on the album above.

Nearer to Ascoli Piceno, if you can find a suitable country house near Amandola or Montefortino, I can highly recommend walks in the Gola dell'Infernaccio. Here are some photos I took on our last walk there;

https:/…

In looking for a place to stay, you should search for "country house" or "agriturismo" as well as hotels, because these two types of lodging are more common in rural areas than hotels and B&Bs. The country house type of lodging is more likely to have a pool, and is often (but not always) a bit more elegant. An agriturismo is by law on a working farm, and gets tax breaks for encouraging rural employment. However, sometimes a proprietor of a country hotel sets up a few beehives and calls it a farm, if you know what I mean. There is a lot of overlap between the two categories. A B&B is very unlikely to have a pool; it's usually a basic lodging with very limited hotel services.

Katy, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great place to stay in Le Marche?

try vicolo del sole. 3 different apartments in a converted builidng in the village square with simply magnificent views. great owners!

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great place to stay in Le Marche?

When are you planning your trip and how many of you will there be? Lots of places are already booked up for Jul/Aug this year but you should have more choice if its outside those months. This is a great place that might be ideal - about 45 mins drive north of Ascoli in gorgeous countryside http://www.thehideaway.eu/ - its owned by friends of mine but you will see from the TA reviews that its not just me that thinks its a great place.

M

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,197 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great place to stay in Le Marche?

Also check Borgo Storico Seghetti Panichi in Castel Di Lama.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
273 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great place to stay in Le Marche?

You should check Ramuse in Force - 23 kms from Ascoli Piceno a 30 minute drive through the mountains. It's an agriturismo, has a swimming pool, great views and Paolo cooks great food if you want to eat in. We had the opportunity of staying there for 2 nights in January, and it was beautiful

7. Re: Great place to stay in Le Marche?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 13:05
Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great place to stay in Le Marche?

Very close to Ascoli is Agriturismo Arcera owned by Ombretta Massitti,

rewiews on TA are very encouraging. La Castagna in Fiuminata is another very good value option.

www.arcera.it

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,409 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great place to stay in Le Marche?

I know La Castagna in Fiuminata; in fact, I mentioned it in n. 2 above. I've never stayed there, but we eat there fairly often. They have a nice outdoor pool that some of our family has used on occasion. People who are not guests can use it, for a fee, of course.

10. Re: Great place to stay in Le Marche?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 22:05