We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ancona to Urbino

Which Urbino hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ancona to Urbino

Hi, how do I get from Ancona airport to Urbino using public transport?

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ancona to Urbino

The Ancona airport is very close to the Chiaravalle train station, anyway check if there are bus services to Chiaravalle or Falconara Marittima train station, buy a ticket to Pesaro. Once arrived catch the bus to Urbino.

Can't help about the timetable, but i'd expect a good frequency unless for early morning or late at night.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,555 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ancona to Urbino

Ancona airport to Ancona:

www.ancona-airport.com/index.php…

Ancona (or Falconara Marittima, which is closer to airport) to Pesaro:

www.trenitalia.it

Pesaro train station to Urbino:

http://www.adriabus.eu/viewdoc.asp?CO_ID=9291

(see tables CS, CD and 46)

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ancona to Urbino

Thanks - this is very useful, but I have one more question. It looks as though most of the trains from Falconara Marittima to Pesaro are not direct - you have to change. The trains from the main Ancona station to Pesaro are direct.

Does it make sense to take a bus to Ancona station instead of Falconara? I can't find a timetable for them and don't know how long they take.

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ancona to Urbino

Thanks for you help, Aussies.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,555 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ancona to Urbino

This is what I would do:

1. Ancona Airport to Falconara Marittima train station: hourly airport bus service via Conerno bus lines. Altervatively, take a taxi for the short 15-minute ride.

www.conerobus.it

conerobus.it/servizi-tpl/servizio-aeroporto-…

2. Falconara Marittima train station to Pesaro: there are hourly or better unreserved Trenitalia regionale trains. I suspect that you are not accessing the correct webpages on the Trenitalia website. You need to click on the grey icon "TUTTI I TRENI", otherwise, you'll see only the Freccia trains, most of which do not stop at Falconara.

3. Pesaro train station to Urbino by Adriabus

6. Re: Ancona to Urbino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 20:18
London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ancona to Urbino

OK, thanks - that's useful to know.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,409 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ancona to Urbino

I have taken the bus from the airport to Falconara train station; I believe that all of these buses also go to the Ancona train station, but it makes more sense to go from Falconara. There are frequent trains from there to Pesaro. By the way, if you select the English language option on the Trenitalia home page, it automatically gives you the "Tutti i treni" (all trains) version.

It's true that there's a train station right outside the airport terminal, but not many trains stop there. It's also an awkward walk from the terminal to the station, which is above the road level, with a staircase. The station, which is a very minor one, doesn't have a ticket office or even a station building. It's much better to take the bus.

9. Re: Ancona to Urbino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Urbino