We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel in Emilia Romagna

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Train travel in Emilia Romagna

I will be travelling by train from Torino and have four days to spend in the Bologna area. As I will be travelling by train from Bologna to Rome I thought it best to make this the final destination in the area. I wish to go to Mantova and possibly Ferarra.

Can anyone help with advice on how to arrange this train travel. E.g would it be better to go to Mantova from Torino? Any advice on how to allocate this time.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,679 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train travel in Emilia Romagna

A quick look at a map will show you that Mantova is closer to Bologna than to Torino. Even so, Bologna to Mantova by train would take at least 1h45 each way.

You would do better to travel Torino - Mantova - Ferrara - Bologna, as this would not involve any backtracking.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,942 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train travel in Emilia Romagna

Or go from Mantova to Bologna, and visit Ferrara as a day-trip from Bologna. Mantova to Ferrara is a long slog on two trains, but Bologna to Ferrara only takes 30 minutes direct. See http://trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html using a date within seven days to see all fares, as fares on Regional trains are not shown online for longer though do not change.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train travel in Emilia Romagna

Thanks for the replies. I did find the Trentalia page and that helped. Will try the various options. I sometimes find it hard to get to the right area of Trentalia and to find train routes.

4. Re: Train travel in Emilia Romagna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2010, 06:16