We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I portici hotel, Art Hotel commercianti or Hotel Baglioni?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
248 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
I portici hotel, Art Hotel commercianti or Hotel Baglioni?

Which of these 3 hotels in terms of location, value and rooms? I want to stay somewhere central with nice rooms. I portici is the cheapest @140euro, Commercianti @170euro and Baglioni @205euro.

I am leaning towards the Baglioni but is it worth the money?

Bucharest
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I portici hotel, Art Hotel commercianti or Hotel Baglioni?

We've stayed at Commercianti and it's location is unbeatable, in the main square, near the Cathedral. The building is historical (the first headquaters of the Commune di Bologna), rooms were nice and the personnel very friendly. I do not know the other hotels you mention but I would return to Commercianti in a minute, given the opportunity.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
248 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I portici hotel, Art Hotel commercianti or Hotel Baglioni?

Anyone else?

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I portici hotel, Art Hotel commercianti or Hotel Baglioni?

The Commercianti is literally 3 meters away from the San Petronio Dome, a 15 meters walk to the central piazza.

It was the first public palace of the Bolognese Republic in the 12th century (that's right, you will see wooden beams inside that are probably over 800 years old). Don't get me wrong: it is fully refurbished and very clean but the structure is historical. Just behind it, there are several nice restaurants. The service and staff were excellent when I stayed there 2-3 years ago. It does not get much better than that IMO.

Best regards,

P_M

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
248 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I portici hotel, Art Hotel commercianti or Hotel Baglioni?

Although their website says the Commercianti is available for my dates, unfortunately when I submitted my booking they said the hotel is fully booked for the period (as are the rest of the other Arthotels)so I guess that choice is out.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: I portici hotel, Art Hotel commercianti or Hotel Baglioni?

Baglioni is a very good chain of hotels and I am sure you will not be let down by their service.

Position in Bologna is on the corner of Via Independenza and so also very central too.

I am sure that either of the choices will give you a good base.

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I portici hotel, Art Hotel commercianti or Hotel Baglioni?

The Baglioni is lovely and close to the cenbter. Another hotel option is Hotel Roma - right off the main square (very near the Commerciati) and not expensive. We have stayed here several times and have always enjoyed it.

jhg

Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
820 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I portici hotel, Art Hotel commercianti or Hotel Baglioni?

Art Hotel Orologio is very close to Art Hotel Commercianti and literally steps from Piazza Maggiore, so it would also be very centrally located. It belongs to the same people who own Commercianti; we didn't stay there but did notice it. It has gotten pretty reviews on TA. The other hotels owned by this group are also pretty well located. BTW, we stayed at Commercianti in 2006 and loved it. The room was small but clean and efficient, and the view of the church from our own private balcony was absolutely breathtaking and worth every penny!

8. Re: I portici hotel, Art Hotel commercianti or Hotel Baglioni?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 01:17