We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in the center of Bologna

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Hotels in the center of Bologna

Hi, any suggestions on hotels in the center of Bologna? I will be there from August 24 to September 3. I plan to spend the weekends in other cities, so I will just need accommodations for the weekdays - Sunday night to Friday mornings. Any suggestions on how to do this? I'd hate to pay for the room on weekends when I'm not there anyway.

Thank you!

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in the center of Bologna

It is very simple. You check out on Friday and re check in on Sunday. The hotel is not going to hold a room for you unless you intend to pay for it. Once you have gone they will rent it to someone else.

Sometimes hotels are not full on weekends. Perhaps you can strike a deal and pay less for your un-used room over the weekend.

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in the center of Bologna

We have always stayed at the Hotel Roma in Bologna - it is right off the main square, lots of restaurants cafes nearby, clean, modern and friendly

jhgrady

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Roma
Hotel Roma
254 Reviews
Bologna, Italy
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
346 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in the center of Bologna

I had a nice stay at the Hotel Roma in Bologna, too. Comfortable, old fashioned feel, great location for walkers. On Via d'Azeglio just south of Piazza Maggiore.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Roma
Hotel Roma
254 Reviews
Bologna, Italy
Piazza Maggiore
Piazza Maggiore
7,749 Reviews
Bologna, Italy
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in the center of Bologna

I like the hotel Paradise, in a very convenient location. Very nice people, and a nice little hotel on a quiet street, yet just a short walk to the main square and a slightly longer walk to the train station. The airport shuttle stops just a few steps from their door. Here is their web page:

www.hotelparadisebologna.it/eng/index.htm

There is just one weekend between the 24th of August and the 3rd of September. I agree with Agatha that it would be better to just check out and check back in. The hotel would probably be willing to hold your bags for you, so that you could go away for the weekend with just a small backpack or carryon.

Birmingham, Michigan
Level Contributor
63 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in the center of Bologna

I stay very often at the Royal Carlton. Since I'm there so often, they sometimes keep extra bags for me over the weekend. I'm sure they would do the same for any guest. You can check out my review on the Royal Carlton for more information, but I would highly recommend it.

Ciao.

Level Contributor
55 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in the center of Bologna

My husband and I have just returned from a visit to Italy, including a 2 night stop in Bologna. Our choice of Al Cappello Rosso was a really good one. The hotel is centrally located just off the Piazza Maggiore. Breakfasts were ample and served in a pleasant setting. Our room was very comfortable.

Lorac

Mentioned in this post
Al Cappello Rosso
Al Cappello Rosso
870 Reviews
Bologna, Italy
Piazza Maggiore
Piazza Maggiore
7,749 Reviews
Bologna, Italy
7. Re: Hotels in the center of Bologna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 20:19