We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy in August

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Italy in August

Hi!

I'm traveling around Europe this summer and was going to stay in Bologna around the 23rd of August. I realized that this might not be the best time in terms of things being closed. Does anyone have any thoughts? Would I still find things to do or could someone suggest an alternative in Italy that would be a better pick?

Thanks!

Levittown...
Level Contributor
240 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italy in August

I've never been to Italy in August but I found this in prior posts:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187801-i508-k1284…

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italy in August

Hi,

afer the 15th of August there are no problem. You will find a lot of shops and hotels open. Righr no, the Italians don't have a lot of money for travelling and in this way, a lot stay in the city and drive to the sea/mountains only in the week ends.

Ciao

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Italy in August

I have been to Bologna in Late august and it was fine- seemed to ma a lively town in the summer - be sure to check to see if they are night time showing movies in the main piazza - a very nice way to spend the evening. As mentioned in the previous posting - many (if not every Italian with access to a car) takes to the highways and head towards a beach on week-ends in the summer - try to avoid highways and roads near the ocean on a week-end - they can quickly become rolling parking lots

jhgrady

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Italy in August

Sorry, but Italy is not on the Ocean...

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Italy in August

Gosh -- it must have been a different Italy.

6. Re: Italy in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 21:18