We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What can ı do in 1,5 day?

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ankara, Turkey
3 posts
Save Topic
What can ı do in 1,5 day?

Hı guys,

on 28 september at 2pm ı will be ın Bologna (airport) and will left 30 september at 10am.So ı have a day and a half time.

The question is...

- I want to see Venice and Florence both. Half day Florence, full day venice, is it doable?

- Saying its not, what is the best way to spend my time in this area?

Have also visited trenitalia web site.

I also appreciate every tip about budget accomondation and things to do on this area. Thanks a lot.

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,554 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What can ı do in 1,5 day?

Are you planning on staying in Bologna? You can do day trips from there but have you found a hotel?

You may have trouble finding a place to stay in Bologna because there is a trade fair going on. Since your flight leaves at 10 am you would have to stay nearby to get your flight. There are no trains that leave Florence or Venice early enough to get you back in time for your flight.

you could go to Florence on the 28th, spend the night, go to Venice on the 29th and then travel back to Bologna to spend the night.

try www.venere.com for hotels, there are lots of things to do in all three of the cities, I would recommend buying guidebooks or go on-line.

good luck,

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What can ı do in 1,5 day?

IMO, a half day in Florence and one day in Venice is not worth the cost and effort of getting to either.

Pick one and overnight on the 28th instead of staying in Bologna.

Ankara, Turkey
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What can ı do in 1,5 day?

Thank you very much for advice.

I think the same about cost/effort.

So it seems ı'm exploring bologna the first day, get the train to venice at evening, overnight there and spend the day after, 9pm back with train to bologna and stay there,thre morning after fly back.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What can ı do in 1,5 day?

I personally prefer Florence to Venice but that is a personal choice. I really enjoy Bologna so I would stay put and enjoy that city instead of moving around.

Edited: 19 August 2010, 13:11
msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What can ı do in 1,5 day?

Earlier this year i spend 2.5 days in Venice....and to manage to see all in Venice it has to be a nonstop holiday for us....ok we have visited also the Islands of Murano,Burano,Torcello and Giudecca.

I don't think that by staying in Bologna you can do just Venice only....how can you manage also Florence......

Plann well as time for you is very limited

Anthony.

6. Re: What can ı do in 1,5 day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Bologna