We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train trips from Bologna

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
178 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
train trips from Bologna

Staying for a week in Bologna in early April 2011,and think we'll need a few daytrips . Been to Venice , but thinking of Florence or Verona. Don't have a car , so guess the train can take the strain , although coach/bus not out of the question. Could we get to the coast and back in a day?

Suggestions very welcome.for me and me wife.

cheers

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train trips from Bologna

Very easy to get to Florence and Verona by train. Getting to the coast means??

maybe Ravenna? that takes about an hour and half by train, the other trips are less than an hour.

train travel is a great way to get around!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,942 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: train trips from Bologna

Also for the coast, Rimini in a little over an hour.

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
11,300 posts
526 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train trips from Bologna

Above all, I think you shouldn't miss Ferrara: it is very near, just 31 minutes and 4 euros by regional train, it is a really beautiful town though it is not very well known, but it can be easily visited in a day trip. One week is enough to visit 3-4 different places. And Bologna's train connections are excellent.

Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
103 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train trips from Bologna

The one good thing about Bologna is that for train routes, it is centrally located to get to a lot big italian cities. All I can tell you that most of the resorts along the coast i.e Cesenatico, Ravena, Rimini, are very quiet until summer as they are not very big towns. Best stick to the big cities.

5. Re: train trips from Bologna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2012, 05:30