We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday's in Bologna

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunday's in Bologna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 20:17
Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday's in Bologna

The Archaeological Museum is full of Etruscan and Egyptian artifacts plus all kinds of collected items from the region.

Via dell'Archiginnasio 2 (Piazza Maggiore area)

admission was free but I do believe they charge a small fee if there is a special exhibit.

…bologna.it/museoarcheologico/…informa.htm

also you may be able to book a walking tour though the tourist office. Our hotel offered it for free.

For Sunday lunch I recommend Il Doge. There seems to be a lot of buffets on offer for Sunday afternoon. We found this place by accident and it was delicious. My husband still talks about the warm fresh bread!

UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday's in Bologna

Santuario della Madonna di San Luca is very popular on Sundays and the views from up there are fantastic as well. It's connected to the city by the Portico di San Luca which is supposedly the longest continuous arcade in the world.

Lots of locals walk up the hill but we cheated and took a taxi up and then walked back down to the city. I believe there may also be public transport available.

Enjoy your trip to Bologna whatever you decide to do, it's a fantastic city.

3. Re: Sunday's in Bologna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Bologna