We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day food tours of Emilia-Romagna

wernersville, pa
Level Contributor
326 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
one day food tours of Emilia-Romagna

Can anyone recommend a good one day food tour including Parma ham, parmigianno cheese, vinegar and wine which we can get in Bologna? I saw some from Parma but we will be staying in Bologna and I am hoping we can find something similar. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Parma
Parma
Province of Parma, Italy
Bologna
Bologna
Province of Bologna, Italy
Bologna Welcome
Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours, Food Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours
Micol Mazzeo - Guida Turistica - Private Guided Tours
Walking Tours, Food Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Amazing Italy - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Factory Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Day Trips
Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one day food tours of Emilia-Romagna

I went on the Italian Food Days tour in July 2010. You are picked up at your hotel in Bologna. The owner and your tour guide. Alessandro is so much fun!!

You will learn a lot and eat a lot. Our tour was on a Tuesday, and there are no visits to the ham factory, if you go just confirm that it will be open.

http://www.italiandays.it/index.php

there are so many reviews on Bologna forum under "Things to Do"

I love Bologna!!

Mentioned in this post
Bologna
Bologna
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,261 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one day food tours of Emilia-Romagna

I was in Bologna the end of September, I had tried to book the Italian Food Days for a Monday tour of Parma ham, cheese and balsamic vinegar but they were booked.

I did some research and came up with www.guided-tours-italy.com, they too pick you up at your hotel. Gabriele was quite informative, with excellent English, in describing the cheese making rules and process. I had no idea of the history surrounding the rules and making of true balsamic vinegar and the last stop was the Parma ham processing farm, fascinating. This is where we at some delicious ham and cheese served with the local red wine (included in price of tour). On the way up to the Parma ham farm (in the beautiful rolling countryside), we stopped for some pictures of a lovely castle up on a hill.

Mentioned in this post
Bologna
Bologna
Parma
Parma
Province of Parma, Italy
Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: one day food tours of Emilia-Romagna

Mistycat - The "italian days food experience" is ranked No1 on the Things to Do page up on the left hand side - if youre a foodie, this will no doubt be a tour to remember - we are booked to go on it in may and cannot wait!! As the previous post mentioned, you are picked up from your hotel in Bologna and dropped off and by the sounds of it you wont have to eat that night either............... read the reviews, enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Bologna
Bologna
Geneva, New York
Level Contributor
16 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one day food tours of Emilia-Romagna

I have been on the Italian Food Days tour with Alessandro twice now, .and can't recommend him enough!! You are picked up at your hotel in Bologna and wisked away to the country side to experience a most memorable time in Bologna! By far, the best "food tour" in Bologna!

Mentioned in this post
Bologna
Bologna
Virginia
Level Contributor
186 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one day food tours of Emilia-Romagna

I am SO JEALOUS!!! We were scheduled to go on the tour with Alessandro but the Italian Snow Storm of the Century changed our plans. Alessandro called us in Bologna and said the snow would probably make the trip impossible. He was extremely nice in trying to reschedule but the weather did NOT cooperate. Must be something about us and Italy - last time we were there the Icelandic Volcano took off and changed our plans. Bad Karma? We'll try again!

Mentioned in this post
329 Reviews
Empoli, Italy
Bologna
Bologna
Italy
Italy
Europe
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
107 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: one day food tours of Emilia-Romagna

Good luck for next time. :)

7. Re: one day food tours of Emilia-Romagna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2013, 10:30
Get answers to your questions about Bologna