We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from bologna airport to Verona Porta nuova

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from bologna airport to Verona Porta nuova

Hi ,

I shall be arriving at Bologna Airport on 11th September and would like some advice as to how to get to Verona Porta Nuova. I arrive at around 18.30 and am using public transport.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,081 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from bologna airport to Verona Porta nuova

You will need to go to Bologna Centrale - the train station. The last train to Verona is at 21:10 - But or taxi from airport to train station.

check www.trenitalia.com - use station names Bologna Centrale and Verona Porta Nuova. Click on UK flag to get English version of the site and put in 18 for the hour to then get the schedule for the train you need.

Ravenna, Italy :(
Level Contributor
735 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from bologna airport to Verona Porta nuova

Calderara-Bargellino is the closest station to the airport (Bologna-Verona line!) unfortunately reachable by taxi only nonetheless some trains do not stop there: it has a ticket vending machine but the last run for Verona, it's scheduled at 7.15pm :( Other two possibilities: Bologna Centrale and Osteria Nuova are both far twice the trip Airport-Calderara. Ofc, if you're traveling alone, stick with Aerobus to Bologna Centrale.

Aerobus: EUR 6,- / person | Taxi: EUR 10,- when departing from the airport (e.g. Calderara is fairly close enough you ought to not spend more else the driver is trying to trick you)

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from bologna airport to Verona Porta nuova

Thanks for your reply. I think I'll catch the aerobus to Bologna centrale and then the train to Verona. I think there is a train every hour.

Thanks Jos

4. Re: Getting from bologna airport to Verona Porta nuova

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 06:20