We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants which three

NJ
Level Contributor
560 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants which three

If you were to choose only three restaurants in Bologna for dinner which would you recommend? We are staying for three nights end of June and want to get some ideas. A friend recommended

www.trattoriagigina.it

After our stay in Bologna we are heading to Bagno i Ripoli area for a one week stay at an apartment. Does anyone know of any supermarkets on the way or should we purchase some items in Bologna to take with us?

Thank you

Edited: 02 December 2013, 14:43
Bologna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bologna
Level Contributor
926 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants which three

Hi,

I don't know Gigina and I suppose it is not in centre.

choosing just 3 places without knowing what you'd like to eat is not easy.

Considering it's the end of June and I like eating outside I would say:

for a great pizza Scalinatella

for a traditional but not too much dinner La Teresina

for tasting crescentine/tigelle good salume and wine Pane Vino e San Daniele

As for supermarkets I think it's better you buy what you need in town before leaving

NJ
Level Contributor
560 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants which three

Thank you

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants which three

Can you share what you are looking for in a restaurant ? Are you ok spending a fortune ? Is it more about the food or the wine ?

Piermont, New York
Level Contributor
98 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants which three

i am interested in the answer as well. I would like a few good restaurants in Bologna Central with good traditional food and wine. Not looking for 5* but some of the better ones. Ideas?

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
3 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants which three

We are having a tough time deciding between a side trip from SanGimignano (via train at Poggibonsi, hopefully) to Bologna (which I had my heart set on) or....to Parma, which seems to offer so much wonderful art plus the food treasures, and seems smaller and less crowded.

Please, any help/suggestions/experiences out there?? Many thanks in advance.

St Andrews, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants which three

I really liked Vicolo Colombina. It's just behind Piazza Maggiore and has great food and wine from the region and great service.

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
3 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants which three

Any favs (restaurants) in Parma, Bologna, or Siena?? Grazie...in advance!!

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
692 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants which three

We had a beautiful meal at La Capriata. Strada Maggiore 19 Corte Isolani 1/e - 40128 Bologna, Telephone +39 051 23 69 32.

I have just done a review on it and could have not been happier and would certainly recommend it. Sylvia1969 put me onto it and it was a lovely romantic lunch for my husband and I. Well worth going. You will not be disappointed.

9. Re: Restaurants which three

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Bologna