We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Bologna

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
20 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Bologna

I am visiting Bologna for 5 nights with my wife and 2 year old in October on the way to a business trip. Since our time is somewhere limited (we were planning 2 days in Bologna, 2 day trips around Emilia-Romagna), we wanted to maximize by staying in center close to Piazza Maggiore. However, we have found some great vacation rentals (multiple rooms so everyone has their space) but they are just north of the ring road and train station. Will we be disappointed staying that far from the center? I prefer to not spend too much going back and forth to the sites, but at the same time we're on a budget and value our space.

Any input is appreciated.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Bologna

With a 2 year old yo will appreciate staying closer in than the ring road.

I visited Bologna on a day trip on a sunday. We were staying in Ravenna at the time. We took a bus from the train station down to the central area and needed to get back to the train station to go back to Ravenna. We waited and waited and waited an not bus came (5-6 pm). So we walked back to the train station. On Piazza back I looked for taxi stands, but if there were any, there were no taxis at them. Walking all that way with a 2 year old would not have been fun.

If you are getting back and forth to your lodging on public transprt, I am not sure how easy that might be on the evenings and weekends.

If this is a business trip isn't your company paying for some of the lodging, so you can afford to stay closer in.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
20 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Bologna

That was pretty much my feeling, but having never been to Bologna, I was looking for some confirmation. I agree it's worth paying extra to stay central when possible.

Unfortunately the rest of the trip (not in Bologna) is business, but these nights are purely family vacation, so the bill is all mine.

3. Re: Where to stay in Bologna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 06:16