We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bologna one day trip from Venice to Florence. Any Advice?

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Beach...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bologna one day trip from Venice to Florence. Any Advice?

I am traveling solo from Venice to Florence and also want to stop in Bologna for the day. It will be on a Monday, leaving Venice early morning and spending the day in Bologna before heading to Florence in the evening. Are most places closed on Mondays?

Anybody have advise for a one day must see sites? This is my first trip to Italy and will be joining a group tour in Florence to tour the rest of Italy.

I will have a backpack and a carry-on size suitcase. Does anyone know of any options to store my luggage for the day in Bologna while I am wondering around the city?

Also any advice on train options would be appreciated

Thanks so much in advance for your advise.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,763 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bologna one day trip from Venice to Florence. Any Advice?

If you haven't yet picked up a guidebook, I suggest you get one so you can carefully choose sites that look interesting to you -

www.trenitalia.com for trains. Click on the UK flag for English, put a low number like 6 in the box for the hour and use station names Bologna Centrale, Venezia S Lucia, Firenze S M Novella

re: luggage in Bologna:

www.grandistazioni.it/cms/v/index.jsp…

(google still works well)

CA
Level Contributor
6,387 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bologna one day trip from Venice to Florence. Any Advice?

http://wikitravel.org/en/Bologna

Long Beach...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bologna one day trip from Venice to Florence. Any Advice?

Thank you for you input. I was concerned about what do do with my lugggage. Thanks again!!!

4. Re: Bologna one day trip from Venice to Florence. Any Advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 06:17