We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferrari Factory

California
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Ferrari Factory

Has anyone been to the Ferrari or Lamborghini factory in Modena? We are planning on going- but, I haven't been successful in finding information on the museum and where I can buy tickets.

Anyone know of any tours that would take us thier from our hotel in Bologna?

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferrari Factory

Hi --

I think that in Modena you might see the Ducati factory or the Maserati factory, but the main Ferrari factory is in Maranello, south of Modena. I have heard that unless you own a Ferrari, you can't tour the factory. Don't think of telling a little white lie - they know where every car they've ever built is, and who currently owns it - and they ask for ID. It's not snobbery, they are protecting against industrial spies and sabateurs. I guess when you're producing a several hundred thousand euro product you have to worry about these things.

Across the street from the factory is La Galleria Ferrari - less than a factory tour - but more than a museum - and much more than you ever thought anyone could possible tell you about Ferrari, at least that is what a friend reported.

Your hotel should be able to give you whatever info you need about a tour, why not fax or email them and see what they can tell you?

Good luck.

Bologna, Italy
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferrari Factory

Ducati factory is in Bologna

looking forsweep
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferrari Factory

Have a look at www.galleriaferrari.com and also at www.lamborghini.com

virginia
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferrari Factory

To tour the ferrari factory, one must be invited. My good friend went not knowing this and was told he could not enter, so he called someone (he's fluent in italian and has owned hundreds of exotic cars including many ferraris) and 2 minutes later he's added to the right list. Also no children under 16 period.

Have any rich friends?

Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferrari Factory

Hi,

We've JUST joined Trip Advisor today and are planning a trip to the Ferrari Factory in May 07. Yesterday, a friend told us we had to book ahead. We've had no success on the net. But replies to your post have left us wondering if it was possible. Would you mind letting us know if you were successful? Much appreciated, "Losti"

London, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferrari Factory

Hi, I live and work near Maranello and I can assure you there's no way of visiting the Ferrari factory unless you're invited by someone working there.

Cheers

Cecilia

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,372 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferrari Factory

Or watch National Geographic's HD presentation of "Ultimate Factories: Ferrari".

New York
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferrari Factory

Wow, what a cool place! I went there in July of 2006. Since I own Ferrari and Maserati Cars, I had the privledge to tour the Ferrari factory.Despite this, booking a tour is very difficult and not something that takes place over night. Although I did not have the time to go, the galeria Ferrari is supposed to be one of the most exciting places to see in Maranello. The next time I go to this region of Italy, I will definitly finish up my time in Maranello. As others have mentioned the minimum age is 16. No cameras and other recording devices are allowed. As a suggestion, I highly recomend whether you are a Ferrari Owner or enthusiast, definitly have a meal at Il Cavalino directly across from the Ferrari Factory. The tour is aproximatly one and a half to two hours long. It is completely a walking tour. They use a sound device similar to an ipod to listen to the different sections of the factory. You will notice that nearly all the critical parts of the car are developed and assembled by hand, a remarkable aspect of this tour. I hope you have an exciting trip to Maranello, and it will not be any different if you are an owner or not, believe me. Feel free to ask me any questions in the future!

9. Re: Ferrari Factory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 11:26