We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Bologna by train?

Wales
Level Contributor
70 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Bologna by train?

So I will be in Bologna for three days in September. While there, I am looking to take advantage of the great train links to the nearby heritage cities of Ravenna, Modena, Parma and Ferrara.

I know I won't get chance to do them all as I want to to enjoy Bologna but it's a great base for day trips. I enjoy architecture and particularly enjoy the old, medieval cities.

So which of these would you recommend and why?

Which cities would you prioritise over the others?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Mentioned in this post
Bologna
Bologna
Province of Bologna, Italy
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,474 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Bologna by train?

Ferrara tripadvisor.com/tourism-g194760-ferrara_emil…

Train www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

Wales
Level Contributor
70 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Bologna by train?

Thanks for the reply...but why Modena over the others?

Livermore...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Bologna by train?

1. Day trip from Bologna to Modena by train. I want to tour the Ferrari car factory. What are the train times to Modena and how long of a train ride is it? What is the cost of the train and what is the cost to tour the Ferrari car factory.

2. Day trip from Bologna to Ravenna by train. Again how long is the train ride there and the cost?

Edited: 18 May 2010, 23:28
Mentioned in this post
Bologna
Bologna
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,474 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Bologna by train?

Check train times upto 12 June, Bologna to Modena or Ravenna, which should be similar to your dates. www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

Visits to the Ferrari factory are restricted and you need to contact http://www.ferrari.it

Visits can be made to the Ducati factory www.ducati.com/company/visit_us/index.do

Mentioned in this post
Bologna
Bologna
5. Re: Day trips from Bologna by train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2010, 07:17