We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scaffolding around the Duomo in Modena

Which Modena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
scaffolding around the Duomo in Modena

Hi, We'll be in Modena in a few weeks and I noticed quite a few trip advisor posters have commented on the scaffolding around the Duomo. Does anyone know when the construction will be completed? Thanks!

Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scaffolding around the Duomo in Modena

Hi,

Unfortunately the scaffolds on the Duomo are often presents, because the pollution causes the building needs often a restoration. If I'm right now there are scaffolds on the lateral side on Piazza Grande and a little on the basement of the torre Ghirlandina (a restauration is needed after the quakes). The front and the other side are clean. I will check tomorrow since I go to a festival in piazza Grande.

Bye

boston
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scaffolding around the Duomo in Modena

Thanks! I'll look forward to hearing your up to date report. --Charlotte

Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scaffolding around the Duomo in Modena

Hi, I confirm the scaffolds are on the side on the piazza Grande (only up to the middle, mean that porta Regia is coverend and porta dei Principi is clean) and on the apses. The other side and the front are clean. The Ghirlandina tower is opened and can be visited as usual.

This is a gallery of photos taken this week end during the Philosophy festival: www.festivalfilosofia.it/2012/… . In some pictures is easy to see the status of the scaffolds.

Bye

Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scaffolding around the Duomo in Modena

No: the picture aren't of this year! Here you can see some pictures: multimedia.quotidiano.net/…

boston
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: scaffolding around the Duomo in Modena

Thanks Turambar! Just 1 more week and we'll be in Italy. We are excited!!!!

--Charlotte

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: scaffolding around the Duomo in Modena

It will be completed soon. They been putting <a href="http://www.geruest.com/Suche.html?q=layher">Layher</a> scaffolding to preserve it and keep it away from danger

camarillo, ca
Level Contributor
111 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: scaffolding around the Duomo in Modena

Just in Modena today. Scaffolding still up, but doesnt affect at all ability to see-visit-enjoy this great church.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
513 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: scaffolding around the Duomo in Modena

Just wondering if scaffolding is still up?

Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: scaffolding around the Duomo in Modena

Hi,

now there are some scaffolds on the side over Piazza Grande. So part of this side including porta dei Principi and porta Maggiore are covered. The front, the other side and the Ghirlandina tower are clean. I don't remember if the apsis are covered....

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
513 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: scaffolding around the Duomo in Modena

Thanks Turambar