We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train to bologna from ravenna

Which Ravenna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
missouri
Level Contributor
235 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
train to bologna from ravenna

I can't seem to find a train from Ravenna to Bologna after arriving by cruise ship. What other transportation is available please? Arriving on Nov. 4, for 10 hours.

Thank you,

Roni

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train to bologna from ravenna

travel,

See http://www.trenitalia.com/

missouri
Level Contributor
235 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train to bologna from ravenna

Thank you, but that is what I checked. It doesn't show any train times for Nov. 4. I don't think I am doing it wrong, because I used it for tickets from Rome to Venice with no problem?

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,869 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train to bologna from ravenna

Apparently there's only a bus provided by the ship (some free some not) or a taxi, 12-15 Euro. See #2: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187806-i1784-k459…

From Ravenna to Bologna the Trenitalia site will work, its regional so no assigned seats. You can buy your tickets at the station, just remember to validate your tickets in the yellow box.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train to bologna from ravenna

travelgirl,

I see trains Ravenna to Bologna on 4 Nov at 8:33, 9:33,11:33,12:33, etc.

missouri
Level Contributor
235 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train to bologna from ravenna

Thanks, I will try again. Is that something we can do in one short day? I would love to see Bologna also. But Ravenna sounds terrific.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,869 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: train to bologna from ravenna

Travelgirl, Ravenna is a World Heritage Site. www.sacred-destinations.com/italy/ravenna

In less than 2 weeks I'll be there for 3 days. I'm also going to Bologna for 2 days, but one of those is a day tour featuring parma ham, cheese and balsamic vinegar.

IMO, you only have 10 hrs (actually a little less considering debarking and travel time), I'd do some research and visit the historically rich city of Ravenna. Google Ravenna Italy Mosaics.

Hopefully, Agatha (the DE) will chime in, she's a wealth of information.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,869 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: train to bologna from ravenna

Travelgirl, here's an informative link to a Trip Report in October, 2010, and subsequent posts.

tripadvisor.com/…29369385

Edited: 17 September 2011, 23:30
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: train to bologna from ravenna

We recently returned from a month in Italy and part of that trip involved spending 3 days in Bologna. On one of those days we took the regional train to Ravenna to see the mosaics and it was a definite highlight of our trip.

If I was stopping in Ravenna on a cruise and only had the one day I'd spend my time visiting the mosaics - they're spectacular.

Here's a link to some photos in Ravenna.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Whatever you decide to do I'm sure you'll have a great time - we enjoyed Bologna as well!

missouri
Level Contributor
235 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: train to bologna from ravenna

Thanks everyone, we are going to spend our day just enjoying Ravenna. Bologna will have to wait till next time!!

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: train to bologna from ravenna

Sorry to be so late to reply. I just returned from England. Stay in Ravenna. It is the gem of Italy. Bologna is still nice but much changed from years ago.