We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pls confirm: have to pay use the beach? September weather?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Pls confirm: have to pay use the beach? September weather?

Greetings,

I will be forever grateful to whoever can provide an answer to the following:

Folks on here keep talking about how prices to rent an umbrella/lounger at the beaches - I am used to just laying out a towel and enjoying a beach for free whenever I go to one, so please tell me, can I use the beach for free or does it cost money? Are the fress areas only near rocks or a pier?

Also, what is the weather like in first 2 weeks of September? Websites say avg hi of 26 in, is the water warm?

Grazie

Bologna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bologna
Level Contributor
938 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pls confirm: have to pay use the beach? September weather?

Usually september is still hot and water is warm.

most beaches are organized so you have to pay for them, but there are always also free beaches.

This link is in Italian but gives you some info:

www.abcvacanze.it/spiaggia-libera-rimini.htm

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pls confirm: have to pay use the beach? September weather?

Hopefully you'll find this amusing - or at least educational!

telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/i…

Peter

Bologna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bologna
Level Contributor
938 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pls confirm: have to pay use the beach? September weather?

It's fun you're right but not very updated: the description of the Italian family from the north with mum at the sea and dad arriving just the weekend is something dating back to the '60.

I've been almost every summer of my life in Riccione since I was 4 month old and even my parents in the '70 used to rent a flat for a period like a month but they stayed with us 2 weeks each, because they both worked, like me and my husband.

And almost nobody cares anymore about waiting 3 hours from a meal before taking a bath or goes to the beach early for the "aria buona": beaches are almost empty before 9.30... but as I said it's fun in any case to read it

London
Level Contributor
2,013 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pls confirm: have to pay use the beach? September weather?

Most beaches in Rimini are looked after by a Beach Attendant, which keeps it clean, puts the umbrellas up, organises kids entertainment, etc. so they expect people to at least rent a lounger for the day (around €6, but it varies). A lot of hotels include that in the price of the room so check with yours.

By the shore you can sit, walk, do whatever you want, but if you lay down your towel, it's likely that the beach attendant will come over and tell you off (there are signs that explains you are not supposed to do it).

Alternatively you can go to the free beaches: the one by the pier is pretty nice, but because it's very central it tends to be packed.

There are no rocks.

It's usually still hot at the beginning of September and the sea water is warm. You might get a few days of bad weather, but since you are staying for 2 weeks you should be fine.

Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
7,796 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pls confirm: have to pay use the beach? September weather?

Normally after september 15th there are no parasols to rent, their season is off. Their price is rather high: 16-18€ 1 umbrella and 2 sunbeds.

London
Level Contributor
2,013 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pls confirm: have to pay use the beach? September weather?

Some beach zones ("bagni") this year rent sunbeds as low as €3 (saw a sign yesterday around bagno 92).

Also there are plenty of them that tolerate people just using their own towels (for example around bagno 67).

7. Re: Pls confirm: have to pay use the beach? September weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Rimini