We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trieste into slovenia

Which Trieste hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
rotherham
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Trieste into slovenia

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to get from trieste into slovenia ie via train or bus .We are going there in july and thought it might be a nice change. thanks Tony

Toronto, ONT
Level Contributor
770 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trieste into slovenia

for bus connections check this link www.autostazionetrieste.it/index.php…

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,525 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trieste into slovenia

if going into Trieste via train the bus station is next block away....... easy country to visit and Ljubjlana is europes smallest and best capital

louisiana
Level Contributor
757 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trieste into slovenia

Yes it is possible both ways.Check to see ahead of time for connections,that might cause a small problem.Slovenia is well worth the effort,many beautiful things to see there....have fun.

louisiana
Level Contributor
757 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trieste into slovenia

You might also check into taking a ferry into Piran.If you are looking to relax Koper is a nice little stop...and Bled in the north has some beautiful scenery and a lot of outdoor activities...hiking,swimming,canyoning,rafting and you can canoe on the lake....

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trieste into slovenia

Train connections from Tieste to Slovenia are awkward, as the few trains bound for Ljubljana come from Venice and bypass the city completely. Besides, there are no train connections along the coast.

Bus timetables can be found at www.saf.ud.it/cms/data/pages/000057.aspx

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
431 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trieste into slovenia

We were in Slovenia, particularly Bled, in May. By all means, put Vintgar Gorge, a short walk from Bled, on your list. Of all the places I have been in the world, it was perhaps the most beautiful:

slovenia.info/si/…

louisiana
Level Contributor
757 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trieste into slovenia

I'm getting a little off the subject but if you do go to Bled check out 3glav adventures website if you like adventures.

rotherham
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trieste into slovenia

Thanks for the reply,how long is the bus journey ? and which is the nearest town .We have a 4 year old with us so do not want to go to far.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,097 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trieste into slovenia

First of all, you didn't say where in Slovenia you want to go to. In any event, you were given the links to the bus timetables. You can easily find out the transit times if you take a look there.

rotherham
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trieste into slovenia

Just over the border, i did say the nearest town to Trieste.Thought that it could be abit different to where we have been in italy.I saw that you posted from Milan we are coming to stay for a week in in may,staying in bergamo any tips would be helpful.