We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trieste Visit - Need Help

Which Trieste hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
159 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Trieste Visit - Need Help

We will be in Trieste for 2 days before taking a cruise.

Need advice/info on several issues.

1. Is staying at a b&b near the station (600m) a safe location & is it walking distance to the historic center?Is Pensionne Rittmeyer or Berzi - which one to choose?

2.Planning to take a day trip to Udine.Where do I find the bus schedule of no.51, how much does it cost, journey time?

Leipzig, Germany
Level Contributor
94 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trieste Visit - Need Help

Well, as with almost every city i visited, i found the quarter around the station a bit fishy, especially at night. But i wouldn't call it unsafe. Usually people leave you alone, if you don't bother them ;)

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
159 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trieste Visit - Need Help

Then staying in Pensione Rittmeyer is not a good idea after all.

Could you suggest which area/road I should be looking at or any recommendations for a b&b?

Thanks.

Leipzig, Germany
Level Contributor
94 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trieste Visit - Need Help

No, i stayed in Colombia Hotel, but i found it rather medicore.

Udine, Italy
Level Contributor
396 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trieste Visit - Need Help

Here you can find the bus 51 schedule: www.triestetrasporti.it/index.php?linea-51

Here the others: www.triestetrasporti.it/index.php…

Seems to be in Italian only, but hopefully you can get the times.

Tickets do cost 1,15€, but #51 has a longer route, so you'll need to purchase the "2 tratte" ticket which costs 1,30€. You can get'em at newspaper booths or at all shops bearing a black and white T letter. Or you can just get'em at the train station. They're easy to find.

Area around the station is OK. Of course, weird people might be around at night. But I'd consider Trieste as a very safe city overall. Really few news about violent crime overall.

Enjoy it!

Vipava, Slovenia
Level Contributor
945 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trieste Visit - Need Help

Agree with Steve!

Trieste is a safe city and it is rare to encounter crime for tourists.

Try this place, looks great!

http://www.residenzale6a.it/

Cheers

Greg and Rona

6. Re: Trieste Visit - Need Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 14:16