We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1.30am ferry arrival

Which Trieste hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
1.30am ferry arrival

My wife and I will be arriving in Trieste in the middle of the night on the ferry from Patras. We have our own car and will be driving through the Balkans starting in the Plitvice Lakes area of Croatia which is about 3.5 hours from Trieste.

It's a horrible hour to arrive and we are wondering about the best thing to do on arrival. It will probably be too late to bother with a hotel but equally it's not a good time to start driving.

All suggestions appreciated.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,637 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1.30am ferry arrival

Perhaps they will let you stay on the boat until sunrise? Check with the shipping line to see if that is possible. They may allow you to stay if you have booked a cabin.

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1.30am ferry arrival

Thanks but I already thought about that. Unfortunately, the ferry turns straight round and leaves at 5.30am .

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,637 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1.30am ferry arrival

You could break up the trip with an overnight stop-over in Corfu. I believe the Patras-Corfu portion is about 8 hours and the Corfu-Trieste is about 24. This could put your arrival and departures back on a more normal schedule. Check it out.

Trieste, Italy
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1.30am ferry arrival

AFAIK all the ferries from Greece arrives in Trieste at 1.30 am, except in August , when they arrive at 6 pm.

Maybe you should reconsider and sleep in hotel.

5. Re: 1.30am ferry arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 06:23