We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Trieste to Opatija

Which Trieste hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
115 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Trieste to Opatija

We know that we can catch a bus from Trieste to Opatija, departing at 08.30 or 13.45 on Thurs 4th Sept.

We arrive in Trieste the afternoon of the 3rd Sept .

My questions are:

Should we try to buy our tickets on the afternoon of the 3rd for travel the next day?

If so, what time is the ticket office open till?

Can we expect to be able to buy them on the day ?

Trieste, Italy
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Trieste to Opatija

Well, if you are able to buy the tickets the day of your arrival do it. In any case a bus to Opatija depart also at 18.30.

The ticket office should be open until the 19.30.

Trieste, Italy
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Trieste to Opatija

You can also buy the ticket on line directly from the bus company

https://www.autotrans.hr/en-us/home

Sydney
Level Contributor
115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Trieste to Opatija

Thank you for your help.

I thought I would update my experience in purchasing these tickets. It may help another traveller.

I did go into the site at auotrans ( a croatian bus company) and yes there were 2 buses with this company. Tickets were available on the 18.30 but not on the 08.30.

Then i went onto the Italian site

www.autostazionetrieste.it.

This company had a departure at the preferred time of 13.45.

I contacted them through this site and they promptly sent an email both in Italian and English to confirm my booking on the required bus. To secure these seats i had to forward a 7 euro booking fee via Paypal. At least 1 hour before departure I must pay the 7.60 euro for the tickets and present confirmation of my reservation.

I hope it is as easy as it sounds when I go to pick up the tickets.

Trieste, Italy
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Trieste to Opatija

All the bus between Trieste and Croatia are managed by Croatian companies.

According the Autotrans website the 13.45 bus depart from Trieste to Split, stopping only in Rijeka and Zadar. Maybe the website is wrong, but I strongly suggest to contact the bus company, to avoid problems.

Trieste, Italy
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Trieste to Opatija

Ok, I finally found why the Autotrans website don't list the stop in Opatija for the 13.45 departure. In the same way of railway companies, they do not sell the ticket online for "local" service before a certain date, but the 13.45 bus indeed stop in Opatija. So you will have no problem in September!

I also checked the ticket office opening times'

Mon-Sat 6.25-19.40

Sun 6.30-11.00 16.30-18.30

Sydney
Level Contributor
115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Trieste to Opatija

Thank you Sergio for the effort you have gone to, to help me. Knowing the details of the opening hours for the bus station is very reassuring.

I have also been trying to buy tickets for the bus journey from Opatija to Trogir. When I contacted the bus company directly, I was told that I could only buy the tickets one month out from travel. So this must be common practice. I hope I have success with this journey too!

7. Re: Bus from Trieste to Opatija

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 05:16