We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best way to get from Udine to Ljubljana?

Which Udine hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
The best way to get from Udine to Ljubljana?

Hi,

I'm staying in Udine for one night before heading into Slovenia. I had intended hiring a car in Italy and returning it at the end of my trip in Vienna, but the cost of taking a hire-car between countries is crazy! It looks like my only option now is the 4-hour train journey from Udine to Ljubljana. Is this the best option or is there an alternative?

Thanks for your help :-)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,627 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best way to get from Udine to Ljubljana?

You can take the train Udine to Trieste www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

Check train times over the next seven days

Bus Trieste to Ljubljana from www.autostazionetrieste.it Click on International lines for bus times.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The best way to get from Udine to Ljubljana?

Or train Udine to Gorizia, city bus to Nova Gorica, then bus or train to Ljubljana.

3. Re: The best way to get from Udine to Ljubljana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Udine