We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport options from Udine

Liverpool, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Transport options from Udine

Hi Everyone,

I will be heading to Udine in early December to watch a football match which is taking place in the evening. I am staying in Venice for the duration of my trip and will be getting the train in the day to Udine however the service will have stopped prior to the finish of the game. I know that the first service is just after 4 in the morning so I have two questions. Is there any other methods of transport from Udine to Venice of a night time? If not will there be local bars open very late (Thursday night)?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Udine, Italy
Level Contributor
396 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport options from Udine

I think your best option is to find a room in Udine. It's not a touristy place, so it's probably not going to cost you too much.

I'm personally not aware of any transportation means between Udine and Venice at night time. And I'm quite sure you won't have many chances of finding an open pub late in the night. Udine's not much of a party city.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport options from Udine

I can back up what 3pointsteve said about Udine. I recently stayed there at the Hotel Cristallo for 55 Euros for one night. This had a buffet breakfast included and ensuite bathroom. For slightly more money (62 Euros a night) I stayed at a place in Venice which had a much smaller room, shared bathroom and no breakfast. Venice in general is an expensive place for accomodation. So if you have not yet booked accomodation then Udine is a more convenient and better value place to stay.

Liverpool, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport options from Udine

Thanks guys for your opinions. I have a hotel booked in Venice for the duration of my trip and have managed to book a hotel for 50 euros between 2 people in Udine for 1 night.

4. Re: Transport options from Udine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Udine
Recent Conversations