We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Manin

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Manin

Hi,

In mid July we're attending a concert at Villa Manin. We are wondering what the transport options will be like to/from the gig. I can't seem to find any info anywhere and I think it's about half an hour's drive from the centre - so quite far.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Manin

Villa Manin is located just outside of Codroipo, which is at least a half hour from Udine. You can take a train to Codroipo, but I don't recall an abundance of taxicabs in Codroipo. You might want to rent a car and drive, or arrange transport in Udine (the bigger city). The villa itself is spectacularly beautiful, and the food in the restaurant is wonderful. My friend got married there a number of years ago, and although the marriage didn't last, the memory goes on forever. Enjoy the gig.

Trieste, Italy
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Manin

There are special bus services running from Codroipo railway station to Villa Manin during concerts, sometimes even from Udine center.

http://www.azalea.it/Locations.asp?LocID=17

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Manin

are you going to Rammstein?

sydney
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Manin

Hi petitflam

Did you get any info on transport as we too are going to concert I July and don't know how to get ther

Cardiff, Wales...
Level Contributor
8 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Manin

Hi - thanks for the replies - we've only just had a chance to check this post!

Yes we are going to Rammstein. It appears that we need to get a train to Codroipo and then get public transport. This is likely to be fine for getting there, however getting back may be a problem.

The local bus service doesn't seem to run late in to the evening, which makes getting back a problem. The train back to Udine is fine, but does anyone know what public transport will be available after the gig to get us back to Codroipo railway station?

Also, the rail tickets can only be bought within 7 days of the date. Will it be okay to buy tickets on the day or should we book?

Thanks in advance :-)

sydney
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Manin

Hi

Have contacted our Hotel in Udine and they assure me they run buses to the venue but wont know the timetable until 2 weeks before concaert hope this helps.

Cardiff, Wales...
Level Contributor
8 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Manin

Thank you very much for the help. We have been meaning to book somewhere to stay in Udine, so hopefully our accommodation can be equally helpful!

Udine, Italy
Level Contributor
396 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Manin

I second Tutman suggestion. Just a couple of remarks from someone living in ... Codroipo :-) Taxis can be usually found around Codroipo train station but, as Tutman says, they're not always there. And they tend to be an expensive option. So it's not the one I reccomend.

There's a frequent bus service, leaving from Codroipo Piazza Giardini (5 minutes walk from the train station), and taking you to Villa Manin. It only takes 10 minutes to land you at destination. You can find most recent timetable here: http://www.saf.ud.it/ricercaorari2.aspx?area=* It's in Italian only, but if you enter Codroipo in the "Partenza Da" field, and then Passariano in the "Arrivo a" field, accepting the suggested value (PASSARIANO VIA RIVOLTO), you're going to get a list of buses running that day. They might be crowded, though, as it's surely going to be Villa Manin parking lot. So you either need to get there early, or be prepared to walk.

At that point, you might even want to consider walking directly from Codroipo train station to the Venue. It's a 3.5km/40 mins walk, which quite a few people going to concerts undertake. It's a pretty nice walk in the countryside. Make just sure you have some water if it's a sunny day. It might strike hard.

As for Tutman reccomendation about food in Villa Manin, I'm sure it'll still hold true. I've heard rumors about a recent property change, though. So things might be different.

All for now, feel free to make further questions, I'll be happy to get back.

Cardiff, Wales...
Level Contributor
8 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Manin

Thank you for the reply.

Can someone recommend a place in Udine to stay that will be helpful with transport to the concert and back?

Edited: 11 June 2013, 17:02
Udine, Italy
Level Contributor
396 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Manin

Do you need to stay in Udine? Or something in the Codroipo area would also do the job? IE I'm aware of a good B&B, close to the venue, which can also lend you bicycles. IMHO you can get much better value than what you could get in Udine city. Much of the convenience depends on what you'll want to do with your time around here, though. Codroipo area is in the countryside, and mostly offers nature related activities. Udine has more architecture and it makes easier to reach other places, such as Venice, Trieste (highly recommended!) and/or Treviso.

Get answers to your questions about Udine