We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Italy, What places, How Much will it cost me?

Plymouth
4 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Italy, What places, How Much will it cost me?

Hello Advisors, Sorry I don't know which forum I should post this question to. Anyways.

I and my fiancé are planning to go to Italy for a honeymoon, length of stay is 2 weeks starting from 22 May. We are aiming for the romantic places like Venice, Lake Como, Capri Island. We are looking for a week 11 days in Mainland Italy and 5 days in Islands like Capri and Sardinia.

I need Information about the budget, How much money should I prepare for the trip?

I also want to know the best cities to visit beside those I mentioned.

Please note that I am always looking for economy prices...

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Italy, What places, How Much will it cost me?

Hi there

Sorrento is one of my favourite places and you can easily access Capri from there as well. As far as your budget is concerned, how much have you budgeted thus far?

Kind Regards

Merran

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Italy, What places, How Much will it cost me?

The best cities for you to visit will depend on your interests: there are hundreds of places in Italy that are worth visiting, Really, you have to read a guide book and decide your priorities for places to visit.

If you have 14 nights, do not try to see more than 5 places at most. It is a honeymoon: you need time to relax and get to know each of the places.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,293 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Italy, What places, How Much will it cost me?

www.easyjet.com for flights into Milan and out of Naples, save back tracking

Train between your destinations www.trenitalia.it/homepage-en.html Milan - Varenna - Naples

www.easyjet.com fly Venice to Naples

www.capri.net

Hotels www.venere.com

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Italy, What places, How Much will it cost me?

It's difficult, but assuming you are American, the dollar isn't as bad as it was in comparison to the Euro a few years ago. I've travelled several times on a strict budget through Europe, and have found that you can't really plan out, to the dollar, what to spend. Staying in cities is always more expensive, and Venice and Capri are some of the more expensive places to stay in the whole country. When I stayed in Venice, I actually stayed in a convent, as well as in Rome and Florence. Many monks and nuns rent out rooms for tourists in their accommodations, in separate wings. I know it sounds crazy, but regardless of your religion, you can stay in some beautiful places in great locations for literally a fraction of what you pay for a hotel - just make sure there is no curfew, or you'll be looking at your watch all night. Also, I'd say try and eat lunch in a picnic form - just be careful where, as it's illegal in many open piazzas and such - which saves quite a bit of money.

If you are concerned about money and your plans are flexible, I'd say give Southern Italy a look. I've spent time in Calabria and Puglia, and found many towns to be amazingly gorgeous, untouristy, and so much cheaper then more northern places. I don't know why more people don't explore the southern regions - it not only saves money, but affords you an equally amazing experience.

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Italy, What places, How Much will it cost me?

With only ywo weeks available I suggest you limit yourself to 4 places staying for a minimum of 3 days at each, every time you move you virtually loose a day of sightseeing.

I also think you will have to decide do you want to visit the northern half of Italy, Lake Como, Venice or the south Sardinia, both are not really practical to include in a two week trip.

I agree with the earlier poster that if you are looking for low cost flights you should consider flying into Milan and out of Naples. I would make your first place to stay somewhere on Lake Como, then train to Venice for 3 nights and taking the train to Rome. The number of days you stay in Rome would depend on your interests which I sugest iit s followed going to Sorrento for your final days.

Although Sorrento may not be the most romantic of places on the Amalfi coast it has the big advantage of having very good access to other places by train, bus and ferry. Only consider a day trip to Capri since although romantic hotels can be very expensive! Sorrento has the advantage for you of having a very wide selection of hotels to suit all budgets.

As far as your budget is concerned find out what the air fares will cost , rail travel in Italy is not expensive but hotel costs vary enormously in the places you want to visit depending on its location and facilities. I suggest you pick a nice one near Lake Como and Venice but look to save some money in Rome and Sorrento.

Just leave Sardinia for another day. Best of luck in your planing and your honeymon !

6. Re: Honeymoon in Italy, What places, How Much will it cost me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 01:17