We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended castle-style wedding venue in Italian Riviera?

Dublin
6 posts
Save Topic
Recommended castle-style wedding venue in Italian Riviera?

Hey, I am heading to Italy with my fiance in a few weeks and would like to hear about any possibilities for stunning venues along the Ligurian coast (Italian Riviera)

Looking for a castle style venue or hotel not too expensive but over-looking the sea for the reception. Any particular recommended good restaurants in hotels with a fab view over a beach or sea that is within walking distance to the local catholic church.

Any good experiences welcome.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended castle-style wedding venue in Italian Riviera?

When are you looking to get married? Because summer weddings here are quite special, popular, and also very expensive.

Keep in mind that getting married in the church here in Italy requires a good amount of documents, trips to the comune, and some religious preparation classes that must be completed beforehand, though this should be discussed with your home priest as well as the local priest in the church where you will be wed here in Italy.

I found lots of different options on a quick google search. Here in Monterosso, La Maddalena is breathtaking, but like I said, is quite pricey. You might consider getting a local wedding planner to help you - there is an Australian girl who does nice work: http://www.cinqueterrewedding.com, or start looking on google and asking prices before coming here. There are tons of seaside hotels that do events, and many, many charming castles and such in the hills to choose from. I'd narrow down choices based on your budget before coming here, then scout out what suits your needs.

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended castle-style wedding venue in Italian Riviera?

You can have your ceremony in Castello Doria above Portovenere and then have your wedding banquet at somewhere like Le Bocce in Portovenere or Locanda Lorena on the facing Island of Palmaria

http://www.locandalorena.com/

Dublin
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended castle-style wedding venue in Italian Riviera?

Thank you both for your suggestions. Much appreciated.

Yes, it's difficult to know from here but I suppose I could contact some castle venues and hotels directly myself. We will definitely get a planner to look after all legalities, documents, etc in case of language difficulties.

I will look into all these options. Thank you!

4. Re: Recommended castle-style wedding venue in Italian Riviera?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 04:27