We are going to 5Terre in September and I have actually reserved an apt in Riomaggiore. However, I came across an Airbnb room that looks very appealing and having second thought.
I know there is a bus that runs from the train station to the village center, but also read the bus is not very reliable and stops running after 7pm. Thus i have the following questions:
1. If we miss the last bus, is taxi easy to find at the station? How much is the fare?
2. If we have to climb the steps back up, are the stairs well lit at night?
3. If there a good selections of restaurants in Corniglia?
4. I believe the Corniglia to Vernazza hike is a paid trek. However, I want to take advantage of the 5Terre train card that offers unlimited train rides and paid hike on a full day. Since we are arriving in the early afternoon and thought we can do a late afternoon hike, is there any free and easy trail to take?
5. I have a weak knee so we only intend to do 1 major hike, I read the Corniglia to Vernazza hike is not too difficult, is this correct?
6. Is September still hot? Do we need air-conditioning to get a good night sleep?
7. Lastly, we are coming from Milan which requires a change of train in Levato, But the connection time is only 7 minutes, is this enough time to move from 1 train to another?
Or I should stay put and stay in Riomaggiore?
Thank you very much for your help,