We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oven baked pizzas in Cinque Terre

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
41 posts
69 reviews
Oven baked pizzas in Cinque Terre

Ok, so where do we get one? We were quite disappointed in some places in Italy as the pizza was baked in electric oven, anyone know a good place for a pizza in this region?

11 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
99,175 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Oven baked pizzas in Cinque Terre

Pizza is not a traditional dish in Liguria, and the Cinque Terre is tourism central. Don't expect good pizza.

Italy
Level Contributor
634 posts
155 reviews
2. Re: Oven baked pizzas in Cinque Terre

I had the second worst pizza in my life in CT. Can't remember name. Stick to local dishes maybe.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
89 reviews
3. Re: Oven baked pizzas in Cinque Terre

Il fornaio street pizza in monterosso makes excellent pizza. By day it’s a foccaceria and bakery, in the evening a gourmet pizzeria. It’s without a doubt the best pizza in the cinque Terre.

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
330 reviews
4. Re: Oven baked pizzas in Cinque Terre

When we want a change in food every few days, we will hit pizzaria Smorfia in Monterosso. It is actually fine and the trick is to keep the topping choices really small. They have a list of probably 100 combinations and one time I tried one that had 4 or 5 ones that I really like.....it was soggy and not meant to be.

Stick with a couple of good toppings and you will enjoy it. It’s always busy but is hot as hades inside due to the oven so sit outside unless it is a cold day/night.

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: Oven baked pizzas in Cinque Terre

Long time since I have had one there but Da Ely in Monterosso used to do a good Pizza.

I noticed last week that The famous 100 year old pizzeria in La Spezia , La Pia had opened up in Monterosso . If it is as good as the one in La Spezia the pizzas and farinata there should be good

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
41 posts
69 reviews
6. Re: Oven baked pizzas in Cinque Terre

Thank you , any other advices are welcome. We are now at La Spezia, can travel somewhere to Tuscany too. Anyway, I know pizza is not a traditional food here but we are vegetarian, sea food isn't a choice for us, so the choices we have are quite limited :) We ate plenty of the more ir less traditional food we can eat and wanted to enjoy a dinner with simple pizza.

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
41 posts
69 reviews
7. Re: Oven baked pizzas in Cinque Terre

Thank you! :)

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
41 posts
69 reviews
8. Re: Oven baked pizzas in Cinque Terre

It seems like most of the tourists here ate Italians themselves :)

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
89 reviews
9. Re: Oven baked pizzas in Cinque Terre

Hi Anais,

Yes, don't be fooled in to thinking all these Italian people are "locals" - they are tourists too on summer holiday!

Also, as vegetarians, you should try pansotti with walnut sauce and pesto. Also, torta di verdure and riso (vegetable pie and rice pie) are vegetarian too.

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
41 posts
69 reviews
10. Re: Oven baked pizzas in Cinque Terre

Thank you all, we went to Il fornaio, it was actually pretty good and we were definitely not disappointed. I am no pizza expert by all means, I don't know how it was baked because we did not see the process it but it turned out something that we enjoyed :)

Reply to: Oven baked pizzas in Cinque Terre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted