We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best one-day hike

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
35 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Best one-day hike

Hi Cinque Terre experts,

My dear friends have only one day for CT. They will train or ferry over from St. Margherita.

Because they only have one day, what is the best hike you can recommend as far as scenery and ambience?

From my memory, I would guess ferry to Vernazza, have an early lunch, hike to Corniglia and Manarola. If tired, train or ferry back to St. Margherita; if not, hike on to Riomaggiore.

What's your opinion? Thanks so very much!

La Tejedora

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,521 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best one-day hike

Not sure of the ferry times as i would have to assume that a great period of time will be exhausted in getting to Vernazza.

me i would train to rio and walk to Vernazza lunching and drinking all the way.....then judge time befor deciding if possible to see the coast of the Cinque by boat.

2. Re: Best one-day hike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2010, 07:17