We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Levante Hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Levante Hotels

My husband and I are going to be in Cinque Terre in October and I have heard that Levante is a good place to stay as a base, just 4 days. Does anyone know of a good budget hotel in Levante? Also is Levante the best place to stay? I was originally thinking of staying in Monterosso but not so sure now.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. This is our first trip to Italy, we are a couple of over 50 Aussies working in England for a while and trying to see as much as we can in 4 years(when money will allow!!)

Townshend, Vermont
Level Contributor
466 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Levante Hotels

We are going to be staying at a B&B in Levanto in May. We are also a 50+ couple who plan to explore the Cinque Terre. The name is Villa Caterina and the price is 55 euros per night if you stay more than 2 nights. It looked charming to us but check out their website to make up your own mind. I will also post a trip report when we return. Hope this helps.

Travelpatty

london, UK
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Levante Hotels

I have been to school in Levanto for 8 years and my Mum is still there now, so i spend all my summer holidays with my family (I have 3 kids) there.

I never jheard of the B&B Villa Caterina, but I went and looked at the website.

The B&B is not so close to the center of the village and it would take you about 15-20 minutes walking to get to the seafront.

Saying so, though, the station to go to the Cinque Terre is half way between the B&b and the seafront, so it is not too bad.

If you would like to be in the heart of the village, there are other hotels that you could try.

Il Dora is a nice hotel, quite close to the station, but also to the center, so if you want to go out for a stroll in the evening you can.

There is a travel agency in levanto that promotes hotels and B&Bs in teh village. it is called Levantur. if you look them up you might be able to contact them and they might be able to help you.

For a stunning view over the sea, but up the hills towards monterosso, you can go to La Giada del Mesco. It is a fab place to stay, but a bit pricy and away from everything. La Giada is also a very nice restaurant indeed so you could eat there too.

Let me know what else you find and I'll check where places are for you if you'd like.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Levante Hotels

Thank you to both of you for the info, we have decided to stay in Levante as it looks like a good base. I will look for your review after your trip in May. Have a good time.