We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 or 5 nights in Cinque Terre

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
4 or 5 nights in Cinque Terre

Sorry if a similar question has been asked before.

We will be travelling by car from Nice.We are looking at this stage to stay in Levanto. There will be 4 adults - travelling in August.

Rather than move every night or 2 we want to base ourselves in one spot.

Will 4 nights be enough. Cosidering the first day is travelling from Nice - we would have 3 full days. We obviously want to go Cinque Terre and also a day trip to Pisa.

Will this be enough time to also just enjoy and chill a little bit.

Original plan was 5 nights but trying to save some days from a few of our towns to have a few nights in Swizterland later in our trip.

Thanks for your advice.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,204 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 or 5 nights in Cinque Terre

We spent 4 nights in Levanto in 2009. Of the 3 days, we spent one in the Cinque Terre, one in Santa Margherita Ligure, and one wandering around Levanto and washing our clothes.

I would think 4 nights is enough, but it does depend on the balance that you want.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 or 5 nights in Cinque Terre

I think 4 nights is fine. You have, minus the day in Pisa, 2 full days here, which is about the average amount of time people spend exploring the Cinque Terre. You could easily do more, like sydneynick said, and explore other towns on the Italian Riviera, like Santa Margherita Ligure and charming Camogli, but there are other things you want to see on this trip, so your allotted time should be plenty.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 or 5 nights in Cinque Terre

Thanks for your replies - I'm leaning to 4 nights and also thinking that Santa Marghetita Ligure is possibly a spot we could stop at on the way from Nice to Levanto - please correct me if I am wrong.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,204 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 or 5 nights in Cinque Terre

Yes, you can stop at Santa Margherita Ligure between Nice and Levanto, but I don't think there is anywhere to leave your luggage if you intend a short stop.

5. Re: 4 or 5 nights in Cinque Terre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2013, 10:32
Get answers to your questions about Cinque Terre