We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with a trip to the CT with a 5 month old baby.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Help with a trip to the CT with a 5 month old baby.

My wife and I (both early 30's) will be driving from Zurich to the South of France and had planned on visiting the Cinque Terre before going back to Zurich in late April. My original plan was to stay in Monterosso but with the flooding I'm not sure if that is the best answer. I'd like to get your assistance to plan the Italy portion of our trip. We're going to spend 4 nights and are looking for a town that has great food and ambiance to enjoy. I'm will have the baby in a baby bjorn so I'm not too concerned about the town being stroller accessible. Obviously we won't be out terribly late but still want a location with options to relax and enjoy a bottle of wine at the end of the night. Any help would be appreciated since I'm back to square one on the planning on this portion of the trip. Thanks, Don

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with a trip to the CT with a 5 month old baby.

Monterosso is anticipating being back to normal by Easter, so by the end of April you should be fine. I wouldn't quite say that you are back to "square one", as this is still completely an option for you.

However, if you are still unsure about Monterosso and would rather stay somewhere else, Levanto is a great option. They have lots of options for restaurants and bars, are a "slow town", and it is a short train ride to Monterosso - also, if you have a car, there are more options for parking. It's an easy spot to stay just outside the Cinque Terre but with frequent trains in, and there is also a great hike from Levanto to Monterosso (though I can't say doing it with your child attached to you is a great idea).

Also, Riomaggiore is another option. It's the other bigger town in the Cinque Terre (besides Monterosso) and has plenty of options for dining and drinking. Also, the part from Riomaggiore, the Via Dell'Amore, is easily done with a baby, as it's more akin to a light walk as opposed to a hike.

2. Re: Help with a trip to the CT with a 5 month old baby.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2013, 10:38