We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

perfect 2 night itinerary in CT

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Topic
perfect 2 night itinerary in CT

Hello everyone. I will be in milan end of april visiting my gf. I wanting something outdoors or something more adventurous. I came across Cinque Terre and read up about the amazing coastal hike. It looks like Monterosso is the town we should stay.

My question is, if we wanted to hike, do people usually hike town to town? Is that the scenic trail? I am a bit confused. Id like to get a charming hotel for 2 nights and explore and do some hiking, not so much hike town to town or anything super strenuous. Romantic first, adventure second if i had to give priority or an idea of what im trying to accomplish. Beach if possible although I assume it will be too chilly for swimming.

If someone would give me suggestions or shed some light on a 2 night stay in Cinque Terre that would be great.

Thanks

United States
Level Contributor
9,626 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: perfect 2 night itinerary in CT

Town to town is popular but there are many other beautiful hikes. Here is the park listing of the various paths with descriptions and maps which you can look over. parks.it/parco.nazionale.cinque.terre/Eiti.p…

The end of April will definitely not be beach weather if you mean swimming. On a nice day, it might be okay to get some sun and walk the beach. I like off season beach walking because there are less people about even if it's cold.

TAB

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: perfect 2 night itinerary in CT

Trail 10 from Monterosso to Levanto is nice, as is the hike up to Soviore from Monterosso.

If you are here for 2 days, I recommend using one of them to take the boat around and see the villages from the sea. The boat goes from Monterosso to all of the villages save for Corniglia, and as far as Portovenere. Another day, do some hiking, but I think a boat ride is always romantic :)

Rapallo, Italy
Level Contributor
158 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: perfect 2 night itinerary in CT

For an amazing coastal hike, go to La Spezia and catch a ferry to the Palmaria island. You can have some hiking ideas on http://liguriah.wordpress.com

It might be a bit chilly to swim, but it might be feasible. You can check water temperature on www.ilmeteo.it/portale/meteo-mare…

If it's 20 degrees, it's not too crazy to have a quick swim! Have fun!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: perfect 2 night itinerary in CT

Thanks guys!

I was wanting to ask some more info regarding the boat idea. Sounds like a great plan. I have decided to stay 3 nights in monterosso now and thinking to do 2 days of hiking and one day allocated to Palmaria. Is this the best day for a boat trip? Can you take a boat from monterosso or best to take it from portovenere and check some of that town out? I know its an island and figure can take a boat out there since Ill be exploring more of the villages on foot? Recommendations on boat rentals? Any idea on prices?

Thanks so much for helping me plan my trip. Appreciate it!

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: perfect 2 night itinerary in CT

You need to take the ferry from Monterosso to Portovenere

…cnpstudio.it/USER_CONTENT/…

Then a seperate water taxi for the short trip accross to Palmaria unless uou plan eating at Locanda Lorena at which point you can get their complimentary Riva

6. Re: perfect 2 night itinerary in CT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 06:19