We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon Itinerary

St. Louis
Level Contributor
30 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon Itinerary

We can't get to La Spezia until 12:00 noon. And need to be headed back by 3:00ish.

With such limited time, what can we still do in CT? I realize hitting all towns is not an option but can't pick which to do.

United States
Level Contributor
9,626 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon Itinerary

When are you traveling, who is traveling, what are your interests?

TAB

St. Louis
Level Contributor
30 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon Itinerary

We will be there the afternoon of May 31. We are driving up from Florence with a morning stop in Pisa. My 14 and 16 yr olds want to see Cinque Terre very badly. So I am trying to squeeze in what I can.

My thought was:

12:00 train from La Spezia to Riomaggiorre.

12:40 ferry to Vernazza.

Lunch and walk a bit there then 2:25 train back to Manarola

Walk to Riomaggiorre

3:40 train back to La Spezia

Back to Florence (maybe a pit stop in Lucca)

Thoughts

United States
Level Contributor
9,626 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon Itinerary

I would suggest going all the way to Monterosso from La Spezia. The kids might enjoy seeing the only real beach. It might be too cold to swim but they could get their feet wet in the sea. Lunch there. 13:31 train to Vernazza, 14:40 ferry to Manarola, walk to Riomaggiore, 3:40 train to La Spezia.

For planning convenience, the Rebuild Monterosso site has all the train and ferry schedules on one page.

http://www.rebuildmonterosso.com/

Have a plan B in case the trails are still closed and/or the sea is too rough for the ferries to run.

TAB

St. Louis
Level Contributor
30 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon Itinerary

Great website you have combining the train and ferry schedules.

But isn't the 14:40 ferry on Sat, Sun and holidays? We'll be there on a Friday

United States
Level Contributor
9,626 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Afternoon Itinerary

Yep, good catch.

TAB

6. Re: Afternoon Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 05:17