We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to get there and where to stay?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
208 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best way to get there and where to stay?

Hi! I would like to know which airport to fly into from Vienna and what is the best way to get to Cinque Terre? I have a disability and cannot walk far or up too many steps. We will also have 2 suitcases. My husband does not mind driving. Another thing, I am not sure which of the 5 towns to stay in. We like to sight see but I also would like to lay on a beach. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

United States
Level Contributor
9,651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to get there and where to stay?

You might want to rethink your visit to the Cinque Terre. It is very difficult to avoid walking uphill and steps. Vernazza is the only village that has both train tracks on the same level and an elevator to the street (which hadn't been repaired from the flood on my last visit). Pisa or Genoa are the two closest airports. Milan would be another possibility but you need to be looking at required train changes.

Monterosso has a parking lot if you choose to drive from your arrival airport. However once there, a car is pretty useless to go from village to village. Monterosso also has the best beach.

If you choose to travel from village to village by ferry, Monterosso and Vernazza have a fairly flat walk from the ramp but Manarola and Riomaggiore have a lot of steps up to the main street.

TAB

Edited: 25 April 2013, 18:22
2. Re: best way to get there and where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 06:17