We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cinque Terre on November 1

Manila
Level Contributor
55 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Cinque Terre on November 1

Hi! Will it be worthwhile taking a trip to Cinque Terre on the 1st of November 2013 despite it being a National Holiday in Italy? Will the trains be in operation from Florence to Cinque Terre? Will shops and restaurants be open on that day? Thanks in advance for your help.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cinque Terre on November 1

As this is a village dependent on tourism, things (aside from post offices and banks) stay open for holidays - the only thing you might run into is that at the end of October in the Cinque Terre, things close down not for the holiday but for the winter. Many places will close on Nov 1 - but it's also weather dependent. If there is another really warm fall, you might have some places stay open a week or so later. Trains will be in operation.

Manila
Level Contributor
55 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cinque Terre on November 1

Thanks cm28 for your quick reply. In your opinion, should we go ahead with the trip on November 1? It will just be for the day then we head back to Florence.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cinque Terre on November 1

If you have the time and desire to do a day trip here, you might luck out with (like I mentioned) unseasonably warm weather and a lot less tourists, so you would actually have what I would think to be a better trip. I'd say it's worth it, but if you can wait to plan that far out, maybe see what the forecast is the days before coming and deciding.

Manila
Level Contributor
55 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cinque Terre on November 1

Thanks for your reply cm28. I hope you don't mind me getting in touch with you leading up to our trip to Cinque Terre. Thanks again.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cinque Terre on November 1

Absolutely! :)

6. Re: Cinque Terre on November 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 05:17