We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best village in Cinque Terre for a young'ish couple

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best village in Cinque Terre for a young'ish couple

My girlfriend and I are heading to Cinque Terre in late July for a quick weekend break. I was hoping my fellow tripadvisors could recommend a village where could stay. Ideally we would like to stay somewhere with great ocean views, nice restaurants, decent nightlife (not hugely important), daytime activities (trekking, boating, etc.) and 'authentic'.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,599 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best village in Cinque Terre for a young'ish couple

Based on your criteria, there is no reason to prefer one village over the other. However, if you are looking for accommodation next month, it will be a question of where you can find to stay.

These are 5 tiny villages and in summer they are overwhelmed by the demand for accommodation. The better places book out months ahead.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,867 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best village in Cinque Terre for a young'ish couple

There are numerous discussions of which is the "best" village: for your purposes I would say Monterrosso simply because it's the biggest and therefore the one that offers you the most options, especially for accommodation at this late date.

Alternatively you might (have to!) go for somewhere outside the CT themselves, e.g. Sestri Levante.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best village in Cinque Terre for a young'ish couple

I'm in agreement that in late July, you might just be lucky to find a room anywhere - but aside from that, Monterosso would be my pick.

New York
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best village in Cinque Terre for a young'ish couple

Not sure what you mean when you wrote 'authentic', but be prepared for the villages to be packed with tourists.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best village in Cinque Terre for a young'ish couple

...Be prepared for everywhere in late July to be packed with tourists. July and August are very busy months for most anywhere with a beach.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,648 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best village in Cinque Terre for a young'ish couple

That's true, but to many tourists, the fact that the summer visitors are mostly speaking English somehow makes it less "authentic".

Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best village in Cinque Terre for a young'ish couple

Where did you end up staying and how was your trip?

I'm just in the midst of planning a similar trip with my boyfriend in October this year.

thanks

Gurgaon
Level Contributor
74 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best village in Cinque Terre for a young'ish couple

Go to Vernazza.You will like that

9. Re: Best village in Cinque Terre for a young'ish couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 05:18