We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The ferry

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
The ferry

We are thinking of visiting the cinque terra on the ferry. The timetable seems to suggest that it's not possible to manage this in a day if you get on & off to walk around the villages. What's the best way to utilise ferry travel? Thanking you. Kate

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,146 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The ferry

Don't know why you say that.

The ferries are hourly - scroll down on …cnpstudio.it/USER_CONTENT/…

There are only two villages between one end of the ferry line and the other in the Cinque Terre, giving plenty of time to explore. Both Riomaggiore and Monterosso at either end of the run can easily be reached by train. Or if you're coming from la Spezia, you could get the ferry one way, and go the other by train.

The hard nut to crack is Corniglia, which doesn't have a ferry landing. Get there by train, then a fiendish walk up (supposedly) 365 steps, or the shuttle bus. Or miss out Corniglia altogether.

Edited: 14 July 2013, 13:11
bedford
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The ferry

Hi there...I also have a question as I just read in a book and then the ferry schedule seems to agree.

Do they not run in October. We will be there Oct 9- 12...and I was hoping to see the CT from the water as well as land.

United States
Level Contributor
9,727 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The ferry

The ferries run until Nov 3rd this year according to the ferry company. Which book are you reading?

www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/eventi.asp…

TAB

bedford
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The ferry

Ha..I have 3 of them!

Rick Steves

Fodors

Frommers

I will be posting my itinerary questions soon !!

And the flyer I pulled up from the link above also showed till Sept.

…cnpstudio.it/USER_CONTENT/…

THANKS for the link you sent. I was thinking I was going to have to find another boat or tour to take me out!!

and this is cute!

www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/orario.asp…

bedford
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The ferry

interesting I just went to the page and put departure Vernazza and put in Cinque Terre and the pdf that came up for me to get the time schedules says Sept. 2013. I think I will email them.

United States
Level Contributor
9,727 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The ferry

There will probably be a schedule change in Sept. It doesn't mean that the ferries will stop running. Email them if you want but the link I provided clearly states that they will run until Nov 3rd.

TAB

bedford
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The ferry

Thanks TAB..and the site is great information!!

8. Re: The ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cinque Terre