We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting in mid October

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
55 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting in mid October

Which town is the best to stay, Monterosso al Mare or Vernazza during this part of season? Also, want to do hike in one day between all five towns. Is the path fully open and stable since it was closed?

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting in mid October

There are parts of path 2 that are closed until 2014, but as of right now, almost all of the 27 trails in the region are open for hiking. This can change at any time, and there is no way for predict what will be open for your trip, as weather and other forces of nature can determine what is open or closed.

Mid October can be a wonderful time to come, and either town would be great, depending on your interests. Monterosso might be a little easier with train connections and has the beach, but Vernazza is sort of the most charming, typical, tiny village - and in October you should have some relief from the tourists who come for day trips.

Miami, Florida
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting in mid October

Most of the paths are open, but I think there are still some that are closed. Personally, I prefer Vernazza because of the size. Monterosso is much bigger. You can do all of the towns in a day, but I wouldn't recommend it. It doesn't give you the time to see the towns.

3. Re: Visiting in mid October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Cinque Terre