We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage Transfer from Village to Village

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage Transfer from Village to Village

I'm hoping to take my parents to Cinque Terre later this spring. The idea of backpacking from town to town doesn't really interest them, but they would love to do the hikes from town to town. I've tried to find a service that could just transport our luggage for us every day while we do the hikes, but so far all I can find are full trip services, which include booking hotels, etc. Does anyone know of a luggage transportation service between the villages without anything else attached?

Also, we're thinking of going in late March, but is that too early for the flowers to have started blooming, etc? We also have the option of doing it late May if that's better.

Thanks!

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage Transfer from Village to Village

There is no need to move your accommodation. The train (and ferries, in season) connects the close-together towns with frequency. I would choose one base and then hike at your leisure, easily returning to town at the end of the day. Just google to learn more about the various hikes.

March weather could be iffy, but May will certainly be crowded. I'd probably take my chances on May.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage Transfer from Village to Village

Check out ATG Oxford's website http://www.atg-oxford.co.uk.

They do 4 & 8 day Cinque Terre trips that start on April 16th. They set up your lodging as well as luggage transfer service each day with additional CT towns Levanto & Portovenere. If you don't feel like walking on a particular day, you can ride with the trip's guide to the next town.

Hope this helps.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage Transfer from Village to Village

You have absolutely no need to "backpack" from town to town or move your luggage. It would be a waste of time and money, as all the villages in the Cinque Terre are connected by a train that runs very frequently and connects each village in, literally, under 5 minutes. Pick one village as a base, then move around from there.

The weather is hit or miss in the spring - last spring, for example, was miserable and rainy til June, more or less, with a few great days here and there - but I'd take my chances with May, and deal with the crowds as opposed to the rain.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage Transfer from Village to Village

Oh, I had no idea. A friend who had studied abroad made it sound like she had backpacked from town to town.

Thanks for all of the input!

5. Re: Luggage Transfer from Village to Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cinque Terre