We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in 5C

Boston...
Level Contributor
395 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in 5C

I spent a couple of hours last night looking for a place to stay in 5C. My husband and I will be there next september for 3 nights. We are in our 50's, are just looking to explore, hike a little and see the area. Looking for a place thats clean, near places for food and wine, easy to get to with the large luggage we will have (3 week trip total) and has a private bathroom. Everything looks like my first apartment or is extremely expensive. Looking to spend about $150-175 a night. Any suggestions? Thank you!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,540 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in 5C

Start thinking in euros - use www.xe.com to see what your budget is in euros (not very high) and September is high season and there really aren't hotels like you might imagine (as in some other much larger seaside destinations) because these villages are almost small enough to fit into a thimble and most places to stay are in small residential buildings converted to a B&B or people just letting out rooms.

You might find more conventional options in the largest of the villages, Monterosso - I think you will find something, just don't expect it to be too spiffy. Small villages equal not that many places to book and the CT is insanely popular and they only have a season of maybe five months or so to make money - hence, rather high prices for something you would less for elsewhere.

I would suggest you scroll through the many threads in this forum - there are suggestions for sites to look for lodging in many of them. I'm sure others will chime in with some suggestions. I haven't been for many years (1993 I think) and when I went, it was dirt cheap and not crowded - and, it was September. Things change.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in 5C

Levanto is the place to go.

Boston...
Level Contributor
163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in 5C

@ Tabata Why?

Boston...
Level Contributor
395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in 5C

Thank you. Tabata why do you feel Levaznto is the best place?

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in 5C

Because Levanto is cheaper than Cinque terre and it's only 5 minutes far with the local train, there are more hotels and has a big beach, lots of bars and restaurant.

Give a look to a map of Italy and check your spelling, is Levanto (Levanzo is an island near Sicily).

Boston...
Level Contributor
395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in 5C

Thank you Tabata.

7. Re: Hotel in 5C

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 05:17