We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking cards and boat trip.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
walking cards and boat trip.

Hi...We are staying in Monterosso for 3 nights and plan to spend 1 full day walking between the villages. We would like to spend the second day going out in a boat to look back at the CT and ? swim.

My questions are: do we need a walking card to do this?(. A travel agent said "no, you just walk yourself" but I read you need one to go on the paths) and if we do need one is it best to purchase before going or can we pick one up there (and where).

To do the boat 'thing' ...can we just organise it there (eg are their boats around waiting for toursist to jump on board !!) If we need to book something can anyone suggest a particular 'tour'.

thanks for any advice anyone can give me.

United States
Level Contributor
9,589 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walking cards and boat trip.

The park trail cards are necessary if you are walking the caostal trail. Just purchase them at the park office in each village near the train stations.

parconazionale5terre.it/…

The easiest way to see the villages by sea is using the ferry if you will be visiting between April and Nov. There are not boats waiting on standby for tourists. You can get a day pass, visit a village, swim, get on the next ferry at will. I think there is at least one private hire boat but I've not used them.

TAB

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking cards and boat trip.

Hi Tabofotd, thank you so much for that information. We are visiting in June so the ferry sounds great, - do you just catch it there??

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking cards and boat trip.

Yes, you catch the ferry in the harbor at all of the villages except for Corniglia, which has no harbor and therefore no ferry. It stops at the other 4 villages (Monterosso, Vernazza, Manarola, Riomaggiore) then heads on to Portovenere, which is a very, very worthwhile trip.

www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/home.asp…

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walking cards and boat trip.

thanks cm2. that sounds great and is what we are wanting to do.

5. Re: walking cards and boat trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 06:23