We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are the path nr2 open or closed?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
are the path nr2 open or closed?

Hi. I hope someone can help me. I'm arrived in Monterosso today and went to the tourist information to ask about the trails and she said that path nr2 was closed. I walked another way to Vernazza but when I came there, lots of people are walking path 2. Can I walk it or should I walk other paths?

Helena

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,503 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: are the path nr2 open or closed?

Sometimes even when the paths have been closed, people will walk them anyway which, to me, is just such a bad idea; they close them for a reason and it may well be for reasons that we can't see but that potential problems/dangers exist that they know of but are clear when just looking -

Just be careful - hopefully more will open; this is the park's website as to the status of paths:

parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_parco.asp…

(The definition of colors is at end of map)

At a glance, it looks more open than about 10 days ago when I last looked for a friend of mine.

Have a good time - hope weather is beautiful for you.

2. Re: are the path nr2 open or closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 19:14
Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: are the path nr2 open or closed?

Someone actually fell quite badly yesterday (hiking in sandals, which is another story entirely!) but to echo the other posters - you put not only yourself at risk, but those local volunteers who have to come and haul you off the mountain, as well as the emergency service workers who have to get you if god forbid something goes wrong.

I actually prefer taking 9 from Monterosso up to Soviore, then get 8B down into Vernazza. It's really lovely.

4. Re: are the path nr2 open or closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Cinque Terre