We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice to Cinque Terre

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Venice to Cinque Terre

We are planning a trip to Cinque Terre after Venice in July. Is there one town in Cinque Terre that is easier to get to from Venice than others? Also, we are celebrating our 10 year anniversary and would like a recommendation on a hotel. I know it is late and there may not be much availability left but would like to hear from people who know. PS. - We are picky but friendly New Yorkers.

Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,093 reviews
from US$113.70*
Cinque Terre Tour from Florence
694 reviews
from US$113.70*
Cinque Terre Day Trip from Florence
49 reviews
from US$120.00*
Special Offer
Cinque Terre Semi-Private Day Trip...
1,021 reviews
from US$175.60*
US$213.40
Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice to Cinque Terre

In terms of train changes, Monterosso is probably easiest as the intercity from Milan stops there (meaning you can take the train from Venice to Milan and then Milan to Monterosso), but it's just one more change to get to the other villages. And booking now for July means that your "pickiness" might need to be a little compromised. Most choice places are booked solid, especially if you are coming on a weekend. Start calling some places now (anything I could recommend I know for a fact is already full), and see if maybe they have a cancellation. Look maybe on apartment rental sites like vrbo and airbnb, and maybe look into other nearby villages like Sestri Levante, Bonassola, Levanto and so forth if all else fails.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice to Cinque Terre

Thank you for your response. If you can tell me your recommendations I could check for a cancellation.

3. Re: Venice to Cinque Terre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 07:16